Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Crime Time Sample


If you take a look to your right on this page, you'll find I've now slipped in a sample chapter from my children's crime book Crime Time: Australians behaving badly. I had a lot of fun writing this book, which is definitely not aimed at helping kids with their homework, though there are a few chapters about bushrangers. For this sample I've chosen one of the sillier stories, that of the April Fool's Day robbery attempt.

I remember going into Borders and browsing through the children's section. I asked a staff member where I could find books on crime. I knew they had it, but not where. And it's always hard to find non-fiction in the children's section, anyway.

"A crime book? In the children's section?" he asked, startled.

It was in the adult true crime.

This is what you get for writing something unusual.

Anyway, take a look at my sample chapter and if you like what you read, go to your local bookshop and ask for a copy. If you live outside Australia, you may have to look it up in ABEbooks, but don't stress over the horrendous prices - those are for shipment to Australia from the UK or US. Just check with the bookshop if it's in your country.

No comments: