Search This Blog

Saturday, August 09, 2014

The Aurealis Awards 2014

Remember I said I had this pile of goodies from Random House Australia to review? Well, I've just had a list of the entries so far in the Aurealis Awards and all five of them are on it.

I can still review them, but I will need to put a disclaimer on each review, so the authors don't think either that they've got no chance or that they're going to win for sure. Anything reviewed here is only my own opinion; there is a panel, that's one thing, and I have to judge it according to a set of criteria I've been given, that's another. And those may have nothing to do with my personal opinion of the book.

Just saying, okay?

2 comments:

Lan said...

I didn't realise that you were on the panel for these awards. Awesome gig.

Sue Bursztynski said...

Thanks, Lan! My first time. I applied and got in. I will be quite busy between now and the end of the year. :-)