Search This Blog

Sunday, March 08, 2015

The Stella Awards Long List 2015

I'm announcing this here because Laurinda, by the lovely Alice Pung, who was so good to my students last week, is on it. The only other writer on the list whose work I have read is Sonya Hartnett, best known for her YA novels, but I believe this one is for adults.

Here is the list for you:

  • Foreign Soil by Maxine Beneba Clarke (Hachette)
  • The Strays by Emily Bitto (Affirm Press)
  • Only the Animals by Ceridwen Dovey (Penguin)
  • This House of Grief by Helen Garner (Text Publishing)
  • Golden Boys by Sonya Hartnett (Penguin)
  • The Invisible History of the Human Race by Christine Kenneally (Black Inc)
  • The Eye of the Sheep by Sofie Laguna (Allen & Unwin)
  • The Golden Age by Joan London (Random House)
  • Laurinda by Alice Pung (Black Inc)
  • Nest by Inga Simpson (Hachette)
  • Heat and Light by Ellen van Neerven (UQP)
  • In My Mother’s Hands by Biff Ward (Allen & Unwin)
If you want the details of what these books are about, check out the Stellas web site here.

The short list will be out this week. I do hope Laurinda is on it!

No comments: