Search This Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2016

On Tears Of Joy!


Oh, joy! On my way into work(still on the train)I have received an email from the literacy co-ordinater, Janis. "This will make you smile. Great!"

And it did. It was the results from my literacy students' on-demand tests. All of them have improved, one of them vastly. Mind you, the girl who had not been attending many classes could have done even better if she had, but never mind. She has improved by a couple of year levels.

My real pleasure is the boy who supposedly went backwards last time. He's gone up four reading levels. I thought so. He's been reading a proper novel. Not a thick one, but a novel, not the high-interest-low-reading-level books we use.

I'm shedding tears of joy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's wonderful! I'm so happy for your students. Having good reading comprehension gives students a distinct advantage in all subjects, and in life. Good for you for helping them so much! :)

Sue Bursztynski said...

Thanks, Lexa! Literacy is a special subject we do at our school. These kids were teenagers reading at Grade 2 level. So you can see how happy I am for them to have improved. One of them is now only a little behind where he should be. Happy dance!

Pamela said...

That is so wonderful! Congrats to you and your students for working hard!

Sue Bursztynski said...

I'm going to tell them today and watch their faces light up. :)