Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2017

"Where Are They Now?" Coming Soon To The Great Raven!

In the next few days I will be posting some interviews I did with four ASIM writers whose work I edited. They are special to me because I bought their work for ASIM - and because that was their first or second sale. Stephanie Herman, a U.S. writer, had self published a novel - I will include a link from her post - but ASIM 60 was the first time anyone had paid her for writing. She made another sale soon after and now - well, I'll let her tell you.

Paul Hughan, a Melbourne musician, also made his first sale to us. I read his submission on the recommendation of Simon Petrie, a writer, editor and scientist whose opinion I respect. 

Michelle Goldsmith and Anthony Panegyres have both zoomed ahead in their writing careers since selling me their second stories. 

I admit I got the idea for this series when discovering, quite by accident, that another first sale person had recently had a story in Analog! We're talking about the world's top hard SF magazine. It is good to hear about because the ASIM story needed just a touch of correction in the physics, but that was a first sale, after all. Unfortunately I didn't hear from him when I invited him to do a post here, but no matter. I'm proud anyway, and feel just a bit smug - I can choose them! 

I will be starting tomorrow with Stephanie Herman, author of "First Strike".

No comments: