Search This Blog

Monday, January 22, 2018

Australia’s Favourite Author - Vote Now!

And here is the link to the finals! The short lists from the individual heats have all been put together into one big list. That will be shortened until some time next week.

An interesting list. There are several who have been on it before. More writers for adults than children's and YA writers, but there are several of those too, plus genre writers. Kate Forsyth is one. Juliet Marillier is another. Kerry Greenwood is on the list - yay! Isobelle Carmody. Melina Marchetta. And some of the top children’s writers - Mem Fox, Alison Lester, Jackie French, Paul Jennings and Andy Griffiths and Felice Arena.

There are many more, of course, but these are the ones whose work I’ve read, whose names came into my head first. Of course, I voted for them all.

So - go check it out and, if you live in this sunburnt country, vote! And let me know who you voted for, or would have voted for if you could. 

2 comments:

Lan said...

I've voted! Didn't even know 99% of these authors! Will be interesting to see who wins.

Sue Bursztynski said...

Well done, Lan! I’d mostly heard of the children’s and YA writers, so those were the ones I voted for.