Search This Blog

Thursday, February 08, 2018

Book Blogger Hop...Found On Dreaming About Other Worlds

It sounds like fun. Once a week, you  visit Ramblings Of A Coffee Addicted Writer and answer the question of the week on your blog. Then you visit other blogs answering the question and see if you want to follow them. As it happens, I was already following Dreaming. I can’t seem to find any reference to Book Blogger Hop on Ramblings, but I’ll answer the question anyway and see what happens next week.

Here is this week’s question: Do you prefer to blog about (a) specific book genre(s), or do you have an eclectic blog?

I’m happy to answer this one although I have something about that in my guidelines, because quite a few people don’t seem to check them, and then I have to say no. I hate doing that! 

I prefer to post about children’s and YA fiction and genre books of whatever variety, especially speculative fiction. Actually, I should add that my genre books don’t usually include romance, but hey, this is my blog! I’ll write about what I want. If the romance is YA or has fantastical elements it may just be right for me. I’ve reviewed the delightful Girlfriend Fiction series for teens and written posts about YA romantic tropes in my time. 

On the other hand, I admitted to someone who asked me to review a secondary world fantasy that I prefer my fantasy light and/or urban, but I did invite her to send me a guest post. She is a well known author of short fiction and I think this is her first or second book-length work. She deserves the promo. Her guest post will be up some time in April. Watch out for it! 

And sometimes I just write a blog post about a film or This Day In History. The film is usually a spec fic one and I try to include something writerly or at least quirky in the historical memes.

Right now, I’m reading a horror thriller. It’s not my usualtype of thing,  but hey,  it does count as spec fic and the author has been shortlisted for the Aurealis Awards a couple of times over the years. I haven’t decided whether it gets a review or an interview. This blog is fairly flexible about these things!. 

So, that’s my Book Blog Hop! If you’re a fellow book blogger, do put a link in the comments. I will follow it.



No comments: